Is what you’re eating having a negative or positive effect on your emotion?
Sometimes the daily “hustle” of life and chasing that proverbial “pot of gold” at the end of the rainbow could leave stressed.
Below are delicious foods suggestions by Hellofood that you should include in your daily diet to naturally boost your mood and keep emotions in check:
1) Tuna/Salmon: The Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish helps enhance mental capacity and boosts the mood by increasing serotonin levels.
2) Chicken/Turkey: Contains tryptophan, an essential amino acid which helps to balance out your mood because it releases and boosts your serotonin levels.
3) Yams: Yams contain a nice amount of magnesium and are a good source of Vitamin B which helps calm you down.
4) Walnuts/Cashews: These also contain Omega 3 fatty acids and are a rich source of Vitamin B6 which the body needs to produce serotonin.
5) Spinach: Spinach is a very healthy vegetable which contains folic acid which helps to nourish the brain and magnesium which eases anxiety.
6) Pasta: The complex carbohydrates found in pasta increases serotonin levels and the body’s endorphins, they also enable tryptophan to enter the brain.
7) Eggs: Research shows that protein eaten at breakfast will help elevate your mood. It also makes you think and function better.
Remember, every time you eat you’re making a choice, so step away from the comfort food and give your mood a real boost.
Choose the right food for a happy mood.