Unripe (green) plantain is rich in nutrients, minerals and health benefits such as weight loss, prevention of heart diseases, diabetics, boost sexual performance, and much more. This food will be best served as lunch.
Prepare Unripe Plantain With These 2 Recipes.
1 medium size unripe plantain (chopped)
½ cup of tomatoes
1 Red pepper (chopped)
½ medium-size onions
2 tablespoon of red oil
1/2 medium-size Titus fish
1 seasoning cube and
Salt to taste
1. Peel, wash and chop the plantain into small size.
2. Blend the pepper, tomatoes, and onions very well.
3. Wash the fish and remove it intestines if available.
4. In a pot, add the chopped plantain, the blended sauce, and little water above the plantain level, the fish, red oil and leave to boil for some minutes.
5. After some minutes, add the seasoning and salt taste. You can always add small water perhaps it gets too dry to make it finally well cooked.
6. Food is ready to serve.
Plantain with vegetable sauce (2 serving)
3 cups pumpkin leaves or Ugwu (chopped)
2 unripe plantains (cooked & chopped)
1 kettlebell pepper (chopped)
1 medium Ginger (chopped) or 1 tablespoon
½ medium onions (chopped)
1 cup tomatoes (diced)
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt & Maggi to taste
3 cups of water
1. Boil the unripe plantain, drain its water and make it ready.
2. Steam the ugwu (pumpkin leaves) by adding the bell pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, salt and Maggi to taste.
3. Food is ready to serve.
Always give it a try at least once a week.
Image credit: Wives Connection
Latest posts by Adekunle Kazeem (see all)
- Are You Worried If Fat or Not, Read 5 Signs to Watch Out - December 6, 2016
- How Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss - November 4, 2016
- Unripe (Green) Plantain Recipes for Weight Loss - October 20, 2016